Heart of Peoria Catholic Community Congregational benefits include allowing the church to reaffirm its role in ministering to the whole person--body, mind, and spirit, enhancing the ability of the church to respond to the health needs of the congregation, thereby impacting the wellness of the faith community.
Survey for our community nursing program:
I have asked our parish nurse, Peggy Jacques, to look into expanding our health ministry with programs and services that will meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our Heart Of Peoria Catholic Community. We would also like to grow our health ministry volunteers. I want our ministry to be relevant and responsive to you. Consider offering your professional or other skills to support this ministry.
I would ask that all adult parishioners complete the survey, during the month of May. You may use the link below. This survey is voluntary but we need input from all adults to best prepare our programs
Responsibilities of a Faith Community Nurse may include:
- Answering questions about a diagnosis, medical treatment, medication, or procedure
- Coordinating a treatment plan given by a doctor
- Checking blood pressure
- Visiting homes, hospitals, or convalescent facilities as needed to check on the health status of members, or for bereavement
- Accompanying a member to their doctors appointment to be a "second set of ears"
- Staying with a member during surgery if family is not available
- Helping a member prepare for his/her next doctors appointment
- Providing referrals to community agencies
Praying with members
Who is a Faith Community Nurse?
The Heart of Peoria Catholic Community is blessed to have Peggy Jacques, MS,RN,RN-BC who is recognized by the American Nurses Association, a Faith Community Nurse is a spiritually mature, professional registered nurse, called and committed to the healing ministry of the the church. Completing a basic preparation course lays the necessary foundation for successful health ministry.
The OSF Care-A-Van is a mobile medical vehicle that brings free health care to the under served areas of Peoria. Some services include:
- Blood pressure screening
- Blood sugar checks
- Help getting insurance
- Getting established with a doctor
- Nutrition and exercise counseling
- Scheduling doctor appointments
- Answers to medical questions
- Prayer support
For the site visit schedule click here: OSF Care-A-Van