509 E. Kansas St., Peoria, IL
(Mailing address: 504 Fulton St., Peoria, IL 61602)
Sunday 8:30 A.M.
MASKS REQUIRED TO ENTER OUR CHURCHES for full guidelines please visit this link: https://cdop.org/reopen/
January 4, 1902—A new church of Romanesque design with seating capacity of 600 began to be built in the East Bluff.
September 27, 1903—The red brick church on the corner of Kansas and New York Avenue called St. Bernard was dedicated.
January 3, 1904—The church bell, weighing a ton, made in St. Louis was dedicated by Bishop Peter J. O’Reilly.
1906—The present rectory was built.
September 23, 1909—Bishop Dunne confirmed the first class.
September 3, 1911—The new school with a capacity of 600 students is dedicated.
1927—A mothers club is organized.
1930—A men’s club is organized.
1956—Legion of Mary was formed.
1961—Church improvements, painting and remodeling were done.
1972-1973—Extensive renovating, up-dating, painting and carpeting was done to the church and sanctuary.
1977—The gym is renovated.
2002—Church is restored by R. Pallardy to celebrate the parish centennial in 2003.